first_imgIndianaLocalNews Fire crews in Elkhart respond to fire at Conn-Selmer building By Carl Stutsman – April 20, 2020 0 531 WhatsApp WhatsApp Facebook Pinterest Facebook Pinterest Twitter Google+ Google+ (Bill Beck/Elkhart Truth) Nobody was injured in the fire that broke out at the Conn-Selmer building in Elkhart on Sunday.Fire Crews were called to the scene when the alarm went off, and when they arrived smoked had filled the building and there was black smoke pouring from an exhaust vent. It appears the fire was started when a liquid heating unit overheated a plastic acid dip tank. That caused the plastic tank to ignite and burn.Elkhart Fire says nobody was in the building at the time the fire started. Twitter Previous articleForecast seems less accurate than usual? You can blame the lack of air travelNext articleVirus highlights gap in Michigan’s broadband internet access Carl Stutsmanlast_img