Photo: GETTY IMAGES Caption: Michael Hooper is expected to be named Australia’s captain. The 25-year-old has captained the Wallabies on 15 occasions but his new appointment indicates he is the man Michael Cheika wants to lead Australia at the 2019 World Cup in Japan. Hooper took over the captaincy from Moore in the June Tests against Fiji and Scotland before standing aside for the Italy match in Brisbane. With Moore announcing last week he would be stepping down immediately as the team’s leader, Hooper now has the task of getting the Wallabies mentally ready to tackle the All Blacks in the first Bledisloe Cup match on August 19. “It’s a huge honour to just wear the Wallabies jersey, let alone captain the side,” Hooper said in a statement. “I’m extremely grateful to Cheik [Michael Cheika] but also to Steve [Moore] for all that he’s done for me and the team.”It’s what you do in the jersey that’s most important and I get another crack at showing what it means to me against New Zealand in Sydney in a fortnight.” Cheika has always been a big fan of Hooper and it appears there was always a plan to transition the New South Welshman into the role roughly two years out from rugby’s showpiece event. “Michael always shows on the field how much he loves the gold jersey and that’s why he is totally respected among the rugby players in Australia,” Cheika said. “His role as the leader of this team will also be about making the standards of the Australian rugby team the highest they can possibly be. “Michael loves Australia and his record as a player speaks for itself but he’s exactly the type of man we want see in rugby.” Hooper debuted for the Wallabies in 2012 against Scotland and has since notched up 68 Tests.
Month: May 2020
Photo Loop PNG The Manly Sea Eagles hooker was charged with three offences after allegedly stabbing a man during a brawl at a Mormon church function in late October last year.Fainu, 21, pleaded not guilty to a number of charges including wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm, recklessly causing grievous bodily harm in company and affray.Kaniva News reports the most serious charge – intent to cause grievous bodily harm – carries a maximum sentence of 25 yearsPolice allege his victim was found at the Wattle Grove party with a punctured lung after being stabbed in the back.At the original hearing police said Fainu was suspected of being “a member of a Pacific Islander criminal group.”The matter will now be heard at Campbelltown Local Court on May 13.The decision to delay the case was made as part of plan to reduce court workloads in the face of the coronavirus.In December his case was adjourned after failed to appear after he was having treatment for an infected shoulder.He was ordered to pay an Aus$10,000 surety and surrender his passport.Last year Fainu was one of an elite group of Australian and New Zealand-based Tongan players who chose to play for the kingdom in their international matches.
Over the next few weeks, national selectors will be following the performance of players in the Digicel Cup to pick out players fit for the role.Players identified during the National Confederates championships in September will also be considered for selection.PNGRFL Chairman Sandis Tsaka announced today that SP Hunters players will not be considered for selection as the month of September is a busy period with the Intrust Super Cup finals. “This is a great opportunity for players who haven’t been exposed to a higher level of competition to put their hands up for selection.“From this selection, we can increase our pool of players for our elite programs,” he said.Selectors will be also picking teams for the various representative games that will also coincide with the PM13.The games include an U16 match against New South Wales and a women’s representative fixture between two teams selected from the National Confederates championships.Meantime, Hunters together with players who are playing overseas and available will be included for selection for the return leg of the Pacific Test at the end of the year.
The 26 year old has represented the Hunters over two seasons and 41 games in the Intrust Super Cup, scoring 13 tries and kicked 134 conversions.He also played for PNG in the 2014 Prime Ministers 13, the test match against Tonga in 2014, the test match against Fiji in 2014 and the 2015 Pacific Games rugby league nines competition.Zeming said it was a huge responsibility but he was able to stay calm and control the team with the help of the coaching staff.“As we know former skipper Israel Eliab was a great leader and team player and following his footsteps is a big challenge.“I was also disappointed to get off the field early following a minor knee injury but it was a good game for the young boys who had the opportunity to show their talent. “We have a good number of young players who can fit into any position and I hope the coach has identified some in this first trial match,” Zeming said.The co-captains for the team will be announced during the launch of the 2016 season on February 13, in Port Moresby.
Statement from Victor’s wifeVíctor Sánchez del Amo’s wife also wanted to express about the extortion that her husband has denounced on the afternoon of this Tuesday, after the dissemination of a video of a sexual nature. The coach’s wife thanked the support received in the last hours and defends the integrity of Victor: “There are very few people who have Victor’s personality and say things very clearly and with education. “Further, attack those who want to benefit from the situation: “I, like his wife, cannot believe that after suffering an extortion for doing what he wants in his privacy without harming anyone, instead of accusing the guilty, you want to change the vision of what happened …“ Luis Rubiales, president of the Royal Spanish Football Federation (RFEF), has come out in defense of Víctor Sánchez del Amo with a message accompanied by a photo with the coach. Rubiales shows his solidarity with the coach for the extortion he is suffering and remember that spreading intimate messages is a crime.“A great professional like Victor has all my support. Intimacy is an inviolable right. Using illicit means to break it is immoral and also criminal. And that a third party takes advantage of it has no name. In addition, to spread it, is also a CRIME “, Rubiales has written in one of his social networks.
In parallel, his name already resonates in the offices of the National Team. Luis Enrique has you in the portfolio before the replacement of Arrizabalaga. There is De Gea, but there is also no third goalkeeper as an alternative. Simon is claimed in the Athletic arc. He is the goalkeeper with the best stop ratio in all of LaLiga with 77.14%.For its part, Blacksmith he received the last lunge with his cup replacement in the first leg against Granada in San Mamés. In theory it was the competition that they had reserved, but Garitano decided that Simon will unfold between League and Cup. In this context, Herrerín wishes to play and in June he could leave Athletic if he reached an agreement that would satisfy both parties. A year ago the Levant tempted him. The negotiations have not started; have only approached via telephone and everyone understands that the basis for a contract update from Unai Simón. Meanwhile, the current titular goalkeeper of Gaizka Garitano, 23, is calm. He is a boy with a very well furnished head, he knows that su site is in Bilbao. He was barely given a month in Elche before Athletic reminded him of the progress of Arrizabalaga. It represents the great red and white hope, once the goal of Ondarroa to Chelsea (now does not count and could even leave) and Remiro to the Real society. EI Athletic and the Unai Simon agents will meet the next few days to begin negotiating the expansion of the goalkeeper contract U21 international, which expires in 2023, and whose termination clause of 50 million begins to fall short in the current football landscape. The starting idea is to put it in close of double. The notable matches completed by Murgia’s goalkeeper and the ghost of big clubs hanging around with possible promises to the Ibaigane club They have advised that this route be activated in March. The appointment is scheduled for next month, although the Priority now is the Cup.
Regarding the Champions, taking into account that the UEFA The date for the second leg match against Napoli at the Camp Nou has not yet been decided and that the decision is likely to last for several more weeks, pending the remission of the pandemic in Europe, the unexpected option could be opened that Luis Suárez could arrive on time for the Champions League match.Obviously, everything will depend on the date set by the highest European body, but if he finally decides to delay the competition and start it in mid-April, a difficult option would be opened, but not impossible, so that Luis Suárez could, at least, enter in the announcement.An oxygen balloon for Quique Setién, especially considering the numerous casualties that will count for the match. If there are no more setbacks, at least four: one due to injury, Ousmane Dembélé, two more due to suspension, Sergio Busquets and Arturo Vidal, and one last for not being registered in the Champions League, Martin Braithwaite.Suárez’s presence, accompanied by Griezmann Y Messi in the attack, it would be an epiphany for the Blaugrana aspirations, in a season as convulsive as it was depressing in many aspects.Two players who will arrive recovered when the competition restarts will be Sergi Roberto and Arthur Melo. The first one already did a training session with the group this Thursday, so he will take advantage of the break due to the coronavirus crisis to finish recovering from his injury to the adductors, while the second, who came very just to the match against Naples , to the point that he was seriously considering infiltrating his ankle, he will now have two weeks to improve his injury and return in perfect condition. For Luis Suárez, the coronavirus crisis has opened a door that a few weeks ago was totally unthinkable: helping the team overcome the knockout round of the Champions League against Naples. The Uruguayan forward, who will recover from his home from today under the supervision of a recuperator and by express recommendation of the club, is advancing by leaps and bounds from his Meniscus injury of the right knee, which was operated in mid-January. In fact, right now he already has a continuous career in the field and has started to touch the ball. The initial forecast set by the doctors was four months, but the latest news points to an advance of two to three weeks on his return, so It could be available for the end of April. That means, that in The league, the player could be available for Atlético de Madrid in the Camp Nou, which will be played the weekend of April 25/26. If confirmed, Suarez would only miss three more matches before reappearing, waiting to know the dates of the postponed matches of Majorca Y Leganes: Seville, Athletic Y Celtic. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of March 14, 2020 9
The first of Cornellà-El Prat The biggest bullyingA day later, the April 15 but from 1951, the parakeet set the biggest win in one way or another in the history of derbies. Was 6-0 in which Arcas again aimed to score, this time in a double game, just like Rafael Grau, while Francisco Javier Marcet and José Egea completed the scandal score. This past Friday, April 17th, a exact decade from the first Espanyol-Barcelona that was held in the current parrot house, Cornellà-El Prat or the RCDE Stadium, as it is now officially called. The result was goalless draw, but without a doubt the most notable thing of that day was the atmosphere of authentic fervor that was lived in the stands, recovering the essence of the derbies of yesteryear.Another win and another ‘Tamudazo’From yesteryear, vintage and memorable was for Espanyol the derby of April 18, 1954, this time not in Sarrià but at Les Corts, the Barcelona field, which the oxygen team of Alejandro Scopelli left without the league title in the absence of a day from the end, with a forceful 4-1. Tomás Hernández ‘Moreno’ overtook the azulgrana, but the blue and whites They went back in a big way with so many from Faura, Antonio Cruellas, Marcet and Pepe Mauri. This closed the week of derbies. Yet no football in the present, the one that concludes it’s been a week of derbies. From the past. A few days when they have been fulfilled meetings ephemeris maximum rivalry in which Espanyol reaped some of his most remarkable milestones against Barcelona, either because of what his triumph meant or because of the history of the occasion.The ‘Tamudazo’ of 1957The week of derbies began on April 14th, so that in 1957 a 2-0 in Sarrià on the penultimate round of LaLiga he left Barcelona, which reached two points from the leader, the real Madrid, without none mathematical option to achieve the title. Agustí Faura and Julián Arcas were the architects of a ‘Tamudazo’ of the 1950s.
After the time, Mbappé is certain that his place is at the Bernabéu. It frustrates him falling in the first rounds of the Champions League season after season. It was also a cold jug for him to have no chance of winning the Ballon d’Or even after leading France’s world champion. Not only does he need the Madrid showcase, it is notorious that he had his room in the residence of Monaco lined with posters of the white team and Cristiano.It is not new.Since 2017, Mbappé has had two attempts to provoke his departure to Madrid. The first time Emery himself reported with a statement in El Larguero: “Mbappé wanted to go to Madrid”, revealed of the time when he was training PSG. “I spoke to his father so that he decided to stay at PSG. He was with his eyes closed, he wanted to go to Madrid but we all managed to convince him.” Already last summer, Mbappé was revealed again with his situation. “I think it is time to take more responsibility. Perhaps in Paris I will be happy, but perhaps also with a new project elsewhere,” he said at the club’s end-of-season gala. “If I talk about this again it’s too much. It was the message I wanted to send,” he concluded. On this occasion, PSG was forced to even release a statement to say it was staying. “I think Mbappé’s family is not very happy with the information that is leaking from within PSG that refers to the fact that they are willing to leave him without playing a season if he does not renew his contract,” This newspaper tells a senior official from one of the world’s leading representation agencies that is in direct contact with the striker, even without a representative. “So, they are only going to be able to hasten their departure.” PSG sees the jewel in the crown slipping from his fingers, the player with the most market value in the world (above Messi, by age and projection) without being able to do anything to retain him. AS has already advanced the intention of the French team to tighten the rope: “PSG is getting tough, Leonardo prefers that he go free in 2022 than not renew.” And the threat, spread in more settings, it has reached Mbappé’s ears and it has not sat well.Mbappé’s relationship with PSG today hangs by a thread. The great illusion of the player has been and continues to be wearing the Madrid shirt. In 2017 he was about to do it. A leak from the Football Leaks papers revealed this. Madrid had him tied for 214 million. The contracts came to light. He paid more than the 180 euros that PSG ended up paying because Madrid took over a tax from which they are exempt in France. Finally, the white entity did not make the signing effective for two reasons: on the one hand, it already had its trident formed by Cristiano, Bale (younger and with more vigor) and Benzema. On the other, Mbappé wanted to collect 12 million euros and that broke Madrid’s salary scale. Madrid is waiting, faithful to its strategy of trying to sign him in the summer of 2021, when he only has one year left on his contract. For that it is important that Mbappé does not renew. Today, Al Khelaifi has given the order that getting him to sign the extension is a top priority. But Mbappé did not want to sit down to negotiate. At PSG, they tell us, the option of trying to renew it has even been considered, including a release clause for a high amount of money, as Barça did with Neymar (222 million), but the instability of the market would make it impossible for the player to compromise with that option. Operation Mbappé is red hot.
The 2 protagonists of the Adidas Stay, which sponsors them each, spoke about their future after sport: “Life adjustments a lot from yr to yr. On this break, now that individuals don’t do any sport, I’ve some issues clear, proceed to be linked to basketball, however not 100%. I’m younger, I’ve not less than 5 years left after which I’ll see. I’ve initiatives with the Basis and the household ”, defined the playmaker from El Masnou. “I do not know, the sport is brief and we’ll see what steps we soak up life,” defined the lady from Caracas, who ended with a collection of brief questions that she additionally answered.Music – Ricky: “Now I hearken to Leiva, David Ros, my pal, and Jarabe de Palo, as a result of I do know Pau (Donés) who was in a unhealthy second (recovering from most cancers)”. Muguruza: “Rihanna, Spanish music, rap … ”.Motivating tune – Ricky: “Bella Ciao, from the Casa de Papel, I prefer it. With associates we put it at full velocity. ” Muguruza: “The principle theme of the Rocky soundtrack.”Meals – Ricky: “I actually prefer to eat fish and seafood in Spain, crimson and recent prawns from Palamós”. Muguruza: “Serrano ham, outdoors, shouldn’t be simply discovered.” Sympathetic, talkative and with a smile from ear to ear, as she has hardly ever been seen in latest instances in the press conferences of tournaments, Garbiñe Muguruza labored as a journalist for a day and led a reside on the Instagram web page of Adidas Spain during which he chatted and requested some inquiries to the Utah Jazz base and worldwide for Spain, Ricky Rubio.The winner of two Grand Slams, whose trophies she dared to show to the delight of the NBA participant, acknowledged that she was shocked to see an NBA recreation for the first time when she did it a while in the past: “I hallucinated with every part, the environment, folks, how huge the monitor was … And I used to be struck by seeing the spectators sign behind the basket to distract on free throws, I might be unable to pay attention, “mentioned Garbiñe, to which Ricky replied: “We get used to every part. We don’t see something that occurs. I suppose that in tennis it won’t be simple to stroll in the center of the noise round the courts both ”. On that, Muguruza mentioned that “at Wimbledon they’re respectful.” “However in New York for those who break the racket the public bursts to rejoice it.”One among the themes that emerged was that of the Olympic Video games, and particularly the final ones, these of the Rio 20167. “When Del Potro misplaced with Murray, he entered the eating room and everybody acquired as much as applaud him, that shocked me relating to the tennis, ”mentioned Rubio, who additionally spoke of the demise of Kobe Bryant at Garbiñe’s request:” After they instructed me about Kobe, I mentioned, ‘come on’. I didn’t imagine it. It was laborious, a lot of individuals damage a lot His profitable mentality and every part he might give to society was misplaced. “Muguruza additionally highlighted the delusion of the Lakers:” His values have been large and now that he was beginning to get pleasure from himself, it’s laborious. It was a second of reflection for everybody. “